just add the cheatkode nodma andtry again.
Hello! I'm here because Damn Small Linux won't boot on my machine.
(And their forums won't sign me up)
Here's what happens:
(I have a 486 running Win95. Trashware indeed.)
I can't boot from CD so I use a boot floppy.
In DOS, even before linux loads, I get
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)
So I hit F1. And it continues into a nice picture of Tux.
I'm using
boot:dsl vga=normal
to avoid "You passed an undefined mode number"
Anyhow, it outputs the following:
loading vmlinuz..................
loading miniroot.gz..................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux...Ok, booting the kernel
(pause)
hdb:error waiting for DMA
And it repeats the last phrase every minute or so.
What am I doing wrong??
Thanks!
just add the cheatkode nodma andtry again.
I agree with OErjan,Originally Posted by ayeyen
try the following on your boot: prompt:
Hope this helps,Code:boot: dsl vga=normal nodma
Ms. Cuddles

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Chromebook MT8183 4GB RAM 32GB eMMC Abyss Blue
$239.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 7 i7-8665u 1.9ghz 16gb 512gb SSD Grade A
$249.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99