-
Boot troubles! :'-(
Hello! I'm here because Damn Small Linux won't boot on my machine.
(And their forums won't sign me up)
Here's what happens:
(I have a 486 running Win95. Trashware indeed.)
I can't boot from CD so I use a boot floppy.
In DOS, even before linux loads, I get
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)
So I hit F1. And it continues into a nice picture of Tux.
I'm using
boot:dsl vga=normal
to avoid "You passed an undefined mode number"
Anyhow, it outputs the following:
loading vmlinuz..................
loading miniroot.gz..................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux...Ok, booting the kernel
(pause)
hdb:error waiting for DMA
And it repeats the last phrase every minute or so.
What am I doing wrong??
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By HappyDays in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
-
By Pelvis Resley in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By DusteD in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By ronnie_blue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00