-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Boot troubles! :'-(

Originally Posted by
ayeyen
Hello! I'm here because Damn Small Linux won't boot on my machine.
(And their forums won't sign me up)
Here's what happens:
(I have a 486 running Win95. Trashware indeed.)
I can't boot from CD so I use a boot floppy.
In DOS, even before linux loads, I get
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)
So I hit F1. And it continues into a nice picture of Tux.
I'm using
boot:dsl vga=normal
to avoid "You passed an undefined mode number"
Anyhow, it outputs the following:
loading vmlinuz..................
loading miniroot.gz..................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux...Ok, booting the kernel
(pause)
hdb:error waiting for DMA
And it repeats the last phrase every minute or so.
What am I doing wrong??
Thanks!
I agree with OErjan,
try the following on your boot: prompt:
Code:
boot: dsl vga=normal nodma
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By HappyDays in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
-
By Pelvis Resley in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By DusteD in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By ronnie_blue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64/128 RF delete
$25.00

COMMODORE VIC-1541 FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C VIC-20 PLUS/4 128 TESTD/WRKN LX67 💾
$159.99

Commodore 64 Console Vintage working Home Computer w/ Original Box
$200.00

COMMODORE 1541C FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C VIC-20 PLUS/4 128 TESTED/WORKIN LX66 💾
$139.99

Vintage Commodore 128 C128 Personal Computer For Parts/No Power Supply
$149.95

Partial Working/Nonworking Commodore 1541 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive *SEE NOTES*
$38.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

COMMODORE 128DCR COMPUTER METAL CASE 250477 & KEYBOARD TESTD/WORKIN LOT #X46 💻
$999.99

COMMODORE 1541 FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C VIC-20 PLUS/4 128 TESTED/WORKING LX61 💾
$149.99

COMMODORE 1541 FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C VIC-20 PLUS/4 128 TESTED/WORKING LX65 💾
$139.99