-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe the dvd is working correct now. I found out the the dvd drive is scsi1 which is sr1 and had to change all the links. That made me change the cdrom drive to sr0 which points to scd0, which the info told me that the cd writer(cdrom) is scd0. Now I can read data cds everytime with no problem but still no movies because of the missing plugin(lib thing). I cannot play audio cds though. I right click and select xmms and a play files screen opens and then I'm lost again. I try kaffeine and another error about no plugin to handle this resource.
By changing the sr#'s and having the cdrom point to sr0 --> scsi0 that should have made the drive able to read data cds anyway right. But it can't. When I try to mount or open it says 'Too many levels of symbollic links'.
Now this is the output of ls -la /dev/cdrom:
total 40
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 (date)(time) .
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 36864 (date)(time) ..
1 root root 3 (date)(time) sr0 --> sr0
That output does not seem to be correct after seeing what the rest of the outputs were. It should have been /dev/cdrom --> sr0 like the output of /dev/cdrom1 --> sr1 which I beleive is correct. I even did ln -sf sr0 /dev/cdrom which after I did came back with the last line: 1 root root 3 (date)(time) sr0 --> sr0. I know it has to be /dev/cdrom --> sr0 doesn't it.
All the sr#'s pointed to the same #scsi. /dev/dvd went to sr2 which I changed to sr1. /dev/cdaudio went to sr1 which I left alone because of the audio cable thing which I didnt check yet but will soon.... /dev/cdrom* gave the above goofy output (I think it's goofy).
ls -la /dvd gave me a directory listing.
OTHER: I've download the lib thing and need help installing. It is sitting in my home directory and I think it is the right one. Any other way to do it like through apt-get.
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:17 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By CapnKirk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By speeves in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

805358-B21 819413-001 809085-091 64GB 4Rx4 PC4-2400T HPE Genuine Smart Memory
$320.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99