-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok, here is the problem, you keep creating directories for cdrom, under /dev - evident by my output:
Code:
root@Morpheus:/var/log# cd /etc
root@Morpheus:/etc# cd /dev
root@Morpheus:/dev# cd cdrom
bash: cd: cdrom: Not a directory
root@Morpheus:/dev# cd cdrom1
bash: cd: cdrom1: Not a directory
root@Morpheus:/dev# cd dvd
bash: cd: dvd: Not a directory
root@Morpheus:/dev# cd cdaudio
bash: cd: cdaudio: Not a directory
root@Morpheus:/dev#
If you do the exact same commands I have above, you will find, that you have a directory /dev/cdrom - and a /dev/cdrom1 -=- note in my above code, I don't have one, for either of these two.................
The copy of the scd1 to scd0 failed, and since I figured you didn't have a symlink for /dev/cdrom, I wasn't sure if you had a /dev/cdrom1 either, which I was expecting to create, after we got the scd0 block device right - we are now back where we started again - we have a broken scd0, we have a directory for /dev/cdrom and not a symlink, and now, we also have a /dev/cdrom1 directory instead of a symlink too.....
Here is what I suggest, rm the /dev/cdrom/cdrom and the /dev/cdrom1/cdrom1 - then rmdir the /dev/cdrom and the /dev/cdrom1 directories...............
Hopefully, someone else can give input on how you can create the scd0 block device, and remove the current /dev/scd0 you currently have... Then, I would suggest you do a ln -sf sr0 /dev/cdrom and a ln -sf sr1 /dev/cdrom1, but only after you can get the scd0 corrected...
( I need a vacation... )
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:17 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By CapnKirk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By speeves in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00