I found that this happens on the latest Knoppix and Mepis because they include version 0.99.1 of xine which exhibits this bad bug. I downloaded xine 0.99.2 to Knoppix and it works fine.Originally Posted by rrfish72
When I try to open xine to try to watch a video it closes after about 3 seconds.
I found that this happens on the latest Knoppix and Mepis because they include version 0.99.1 of xine which exhibits this bad bug. I downloaded xine 0.99.2 to Knoppix and it works fine.Originally Posted by rrfish72
rrfish72,Originally Posted by rrfish72
You can also run Xine in a Konsole window, through the Command Line Interface ( CLI ), just type "xine" at the command prompt, and sometimes, you can read the problem in the text window it was started in. Its a great debugging tool, the CLI that is.
As a Side Note: If you are playing a dvd in either Xine, or Kaffeine, they both require a dvd library that doesn't come with the package already - "libdvdcss2" -=- if you don't have that installed, and you try and play a dvd, it can cause errors, or possibly crash of the program.
You can do a Search Knoppix.net for the key word libdvdcss2 to find answers on getting, and installing this library, if you don't have it.
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
I found and downloaded to my home directory, now I can't install it. When I try I get this:
root@0[etc]# apt-get install /home/knoppix/libdvdcss-1.2.5-1.src.rpm
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://www.videolan.org i386/ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/www.videolan.org_pub_videolan_debian_i386_Packages ) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Couldn't find package
How do I fix this? Is this right apt-get lang to install this?
I just went to the xine site http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases and downloaded the latest xine-lib and xine-ui source packages onto my HD based Knoppix 3.4. Then:
1. Unpack them (i.e. tar zxvf file.tar.gz)
2. cd to xine-lib
3. ./configure; make
4. sudo make install
5. Repeat 2,3, and 4 for xine-ui
5. Run /usr/local/bin/xine

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Micron 64GB PC4-2666V (2 X 64GB) DDR4-2666 LRDIMM Memory
$580.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39