I'm totally lost on how to utilize my USB compact flash reader, the SANDISK SDDR-05.
Knoppix sees and correctly identifies the device, but mounting and using it remains beyond my knowledge, even after reading about everything I can find on the subject.

lsusb yields:
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0781:0005 SanDisk Corp. SDDR-05b (CF II) ImageMate CompactFlash Reader

I have a line in my fstab file:

/dev/sda2 /mnt/cfii auto defaults,usr,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0

attempting to mount results in:

mount: /dev/sda2 is not a valid block device

fdisk /dev/sda gives the response

Unable to open /dev/sda

The USB kernel modules loaded are:
usb-storage 61952 0 (unused)
usb-uhci 21836 0 (unused)
usbcore 57824 1 [usb-storage usb-uhci]

The SCSI modules loaded are:
ide-scsi 9040 0

kernel version 2.4.26
Knoppix 3.4
Hard Disk Installation thereof...

So obviously I'm missing something very basic here. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks,
James