Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot process, can't find KNOPPIX file system

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3

    Boot process, can't find KNOPPIX file system

    Hello,

    I download the knoppix 3.4,
    when I tried to boot from the cd rom (2.4 or 2.6)
    I get the error message:

    loking for CDROM /dev/scd0 ...

    Can't find KNOPPIX file system, sorry
    Dropping you to a (very limited) shell
    ...

    I do a md5sum, all is ok. My cdrom device is /dev/hdc, it's ok and detected.

    What I'm doing wrong ?
    Do I have to pass special boot parameter ?
    Do I have to download an oldest version ?

    Thank you in advance for your Help
    Guillaume

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3
    Ok,

    I solve my problem with boot parametters:

    "nodma atapicd"

    Guillaume

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by riviereg
    Ok,

    I solve my problem with boot parametters:

    "nodma atapicd"

    Guillaume
    That's ist

    Threre are many threads concerning this subject, but only this post contains the answer to solve the " can't find KNOPPIX file system" on my system.

    Thank you very, very much

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
  2. Boot Error, Cant find KNOPPIX file system
    By macgregor in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
  3. Knoppix cannot find file system
    By snippy in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
  4. HELP..... Knoppix can't find File System
    By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
  5. Knoppix cant find file system
    By Neo855 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H picture

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H

$144.99