I am using Knoppix 3.4 using the Knoppix toram startup switch. I do this for speed and the ability to burn CD's. (I only have 1 CD Rom drive).
I installed and configured Firefox with my preferences, bookmarks and extensions just the way I like them. I then burned to a CD the Firefox program directories and the Firefox profile directories.
After rebooting to a fresh Knoppix instance I restored the Firefox program and profile directories to their rightful locations. However file permissions prevent me from making any profile modifications as I browse. I had to reset the permissions to allow anyone and any group to read and write to these directories and the program works as expected again. Note that the owner had read/write permissions, but apparently that wasn't me anymore.
After copying the files from my custom CD it would appear that the files are for some reason read only, probably because that is their state on the CD. Is there a way to prevent me having to change file permissions after copying these file onto the ramdisk? When copying files from the CD I didn't see any options to change the way they would be written to the destination directory. My Linux ignorance abounds.
Advice is most welcome in helping me to avoid the file permission annoyance. I can get round it but I'd prefer a smarter approach.
BTW. I really like Knoppix. Especially now that I can carry around a copy of my favorite browser and extensions with it wherever I go.
JP

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Hynix 8x 8GB DDR4 1Rx8 PC4-2400T Server Memory RDIMM HMA81GR7MFR8N-UH
$450.00
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50