Big problems. So I have an 80GB hd with Windows Xp installed on a 15GB partition (C: ), then i have a further 3 10GB partitions (D:, E:, F: ) and a final 15GB partion (G: ) for my various program, music, data files. I attempted to install SuSE 9.1 on the remaining 20GB.
The install seemed to go without a hitch, i let SuSE create its own partitions, hda9 being a (approx) 1GB swap file, and hda10 being (approx) 18GB, the home disk. It installed the Grub boot loader.
So installs over, it reboots, the grub boot loader should now open, all i see is "GRUB_" in the top left. It just hangs there. So now I cannot get into SuSE 9.1 or Windows XP. No boot disk for XP.
I have thrown in knoppix and taken a look around the grub data files. They are located in hda10. The device map looks like this:
(hd0) /dev/hda
(fd0) /dev/fd0
I belive that all I have to do is change it to read as follows:
(hd0) /dev/hda10
(fd0) /dev/fd0
Well I cannot seem to make this change when I am using knoppix. I do not have write permission.
How can I get write permission?
If you have any other sugestions on how I might fix this problem, please let me know. I have very little experience using linux. Thanks for your help.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model
$55.00
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95