Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: noob at *nix, boot screen problem..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    noob at *nix, boot screen problem..

    Hello, I'm new to all of *nix, and I wanted to install Linux on my laptop, it's a really really old model Compaq Presario 1250, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some help on this. I played around with the BIOS and made a bootable cd, but when I reboot my computer, it doesn't even show the penguin screen, it just freezes at a black screen. I am wondering if I made a correct bootable disk, I chose "No Emulation" using Roxio's CD creator:

    http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=106635

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    You're supposed to burn it as an image rather than bootable cd.
    Try this: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd

Similar Threads

  1. Complete noob trying to boot
    By Iane in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
  2. noob with problem...
    By revelater in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:36 AM
  3. im a noob please help me - booting problem with CD
    By mklboi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:52 PM
  5. knoppix won't boot for noob!
    By archdlx in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08