Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Debian 3 deb CDs usable with hdinstall ?

  1. #1
    freddY
    Guest

    Debian 3 deb CDs usable with hdinstall ?

    I wonder if I will be able to use Debian 3 deb CDsif I install knoppix on my harddrive. I want this because Knoppix has a newer version of KDE, and it's easier to install, and the Debain 3 CDs have a hell of a lot of packages I'd like to try .

    Is this possible without major hadaches ?

    Thanks.

    freddY

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10

    no problem

    try apt-setup
    apt-get install programxy

  3. #3
    freddy
    Guest
    Well, I do not have the Debian 3 CDs to try this. I will only buy them if this will work.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    3
    The packages from the Debian 3.0rX CD-ROMs ought to work fine. I myself am running Knoppix 3.1 hard-disk install on two PCs, and I've been using packages from the online woody, sarge, and sid repositories with no problems. The packages on the CD-ROMs are identical to the ones in the woody repository.

  5. #5
    freddY
    Guest
    OK. I'll get that 7CD Debain 3 Set then.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. dvd rom seen but not usable
    By helios17 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
  2. knoppix -> debian-like -> debian
    By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font [Knoppix DVD-Edition]
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99