try apt-setup
apt-get install programxy
I wonder if I will be able to use Debian 3 deb CDsif I install knoppix on my harddrive. I want this because Knoppix has a newer version of KDE, and it's easier to install, and the Debain 3 CDs have a hell of a lot of packages I'd like to try .
Is this possible without major hadaches ?
Thanks.
freddY
try apt-setup
apt-get install programxy
Well, I do not have the Debian 3 CDs to try this. I will only buy them if this will work.
The packages from the Debian 3.0rX CD-ROMs ought to work fine. I myself am running Knoppix 3.1 hard-disk install on two PCs, and I've been using packages from the online woody, sarge, and sid repositories with no problems. The packages on the CD-ROMs are identical to the ones in the woody repository.
OK. I'll get that 7CD Debain 3 Set then.
Thanks.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99