-
kdm, mplayer
I just reloaded knoppix 3.3 and did apt-get dist-upgrade.
Why is it that kdm does not show a list of users and I cannot select which desktop manager I want?
The above are available in my knoppix before I reloaded.
I cannot seem to be able to apt-get install mplayer. Error - could not resolve marillat.free.fr
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: kdm, mplayer

Originally Posted by
markleong
I just reloaded knoppix 3.3 and did apt-get dist-upgrade.
Why is it that kdm does not show a list of users and I cannot select which desktop manager I want?
The above are available in my knoppix before I reloaded.
I cannot seem to be able to apt-get install mplayer. Error - could not resolve marillat.free.fr
You can get mplayer from cvs if you like:
wget http://kanotix.com/files/install-mplayer-cvs.sh
chmod +x install-mplayer-cvs.sh
./install-mplayer-cvs.sh
OR if you prefer to use .debs the proper sources.list entries for mplayer would be:
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
You can always go to apt-get.org and search for repositories too. 
Sorry- not a KDE user so I'm no help w/ KDM. GDM works fine tho.
-
Thank you.
Also installed libdvdcss2 so that I can view dvds of different region.
Anybody have any idea about kdm?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:04 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:30 PM
-
By BlueIce in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

**77%-89% HEALTH**HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
$69.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99