Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kdm, mplayer

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    68

    kdm, mplayer

    I just reloaded knoppix 3.3 and did apt-get dist-upgrade.

    Why is it that kdm does not show a list of users and I cannot select which desktop manager I want?

    The above are available in my knoppix before I reloaded.

    I cannot seem to be able to apt-get install mplayer. Error - could not resolve marillat.free.fr

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: kdm, mplayer

    Quote Originally Posted by markleong
    I just reloaded knoppix 3.3 and did apt-get dist-upgrade.

    Why is it that kdm does not show a list of users and I cannot select which desktop manager I want?

    The above are available in my knoppix before I reloaded.

    I cannot seem to be able to apt-get install mplayer. Error - could not resolve marillat.free.fr
    You can get mplayer from cvs if you like:

    wget http://kanotix.com/files/install-mplayer-cvs.sh
    chmod +x install-mplayer-cvs.sh
    ./install-mplayer-cvs.sh

    OR if you prefer to use .debs the proper sources.list entries for mplayer would be:

    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

    You can always go to apt-get.org and search for repositories too.

    Sorry- not a KDE user so I'm no help w/ KDM. GDM works fine tho.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    68
    Thank you.

    Also installed libdvdcss2 so that I can view dvds of different region.

    Anybody have any idea about kdm?

Similar Threads

  1. MPlayer
    By Pasq in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
  2. mplayer not working
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:35 PM
  3. mplayer
    By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:04 PM
  4. mplayer
    By xyz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:30 PM
  5. mplayer on the fly ?
    By BlueIce in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia picture

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia

$16.59



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$123.90