Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DCOPserver in knoppix.img?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17

    DCOPserver in knoppix.img?

    I have tried to look this up in the forum...I run a knoppix-based webserver all running from CD-Rom with /home on a windows partition. This has been running since January but recently developed a fault (see footnote).
    When I try to reboot using the cheatcode 'knoppix home=scan' I get the following:

    'mounting /mnt/hda1/knoppix.img as /home/knoppix' (looks OK to me)

    then starts loading KDE before output of error

    'could not read network connect list /home/knoppix/DCOPserver_knoppix_0
    Please check that the DCOPserver program is running' (I assume this refers to the compressed home file)

    Does this indicate that the knoppix.img file is corrupt? If so, is there any way to recover any of it? I note that there is a DCOPserver_knoppix_0
    file in the root directory.

    FOOTNOTE: A wall collapsed onto my server and although it survived, my backup CDs were umm trashed!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17
    As nobody else seems to have met this...I've sussed it... the knoppix.img file thinks it is full. I managed to delete a few files after copying them to another partition and it now works once more...
    Process was:
    COPY the img to another PC with more Ram & bigger HDD
    BOOT that pc with knoppix cd using cheatcode home=scan...It fell over as described in the original post but has enough raw RAM to load TWM.
    FROM that I can see inside the img file to do the copy & delete.
    RESTART that PC as normal & its all there.
    Now all i need is a bigger HDD on the original PC so I can copy the files to the raw HDD without using a home image file. Hopefully that will tell me before I get locked out.

Similar Threads

  1. dcopserver
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:13 PM
  2. DCOPserver problem
    By muckydevil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:13 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2 picture

Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2

$949.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00