You're supposed to burn it as an image rather than bootable cd.
Try this: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd
Hello, I'm new to all of *nix, and I wanted to install Linux on my laptop, it's a really really old model Compaq Presario 1250, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some help on this. I played around with the BIOS and made a bootable cd, but when I reboot my computer, it doesn't even show the penguin screen, it just freezes at a black screen. I am wondering if I made a correct bootable disk, I chose "No Emulation" using Roxio's CD creator:
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=106635
You're supposed to burn it as an image rather than bootable cd.
Try this: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
ZIPPY USB Flash Drive Memory Stick Pendrive Thumb Drive 4GB, 8GB, 32GB, 64GB LOT
$212.49
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$140.40
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99