You're supposed to burn it as an image rather than bootable cd.
Try this: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd
Hello, I'm new to all of *nix, and I wanted to install Linux on my laptop, it's a really really old model Compaq Presario 1250, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some help on this. I played around with the BIOS and made a bootable cd, but when I reboot my computer, it doesn't even show the penguin screen, it just freezes at a black screen. I am wondering if I made a correct bootable disk, I chose "No Emulation" using Roxio's CD creator:
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=106635
You're supposed to burn it as an image rather than bootable cd.
Try this: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87
RDS Remote Desktop Service For Server 2025, RDS 2025 50 User/Device Connections
$69.00