-
noob at *nix, boot screen problem..
Hello, I'm new to all of *nix, and I wanted to install Linux on my laptop, it's a really really old model Compaq Presario 1250, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some help on this. I played around with the BIOS and made a bootable cd, but when I reboot my computer, it doesn't even show the penguin screen, it just freezes at a black screen. I am wondering if I made a correct bootable disk, I chose "No Emulation" using Roxio's CD creator:
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=106635
Similar Threads
-
By Iane in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By revelater in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:36 AM
-
By mklboi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:00 PM
-
By toz66 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:52 PM
-
By archdlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99