-
Users can't access secondary hd
I recently switched to Knoppix and finally installed it after formatting my boot drive, and have configured it for multiple users (5 users [family], and root). I also have a secondary drive that has music and other such files. The boot drive is 10gb in ext3 format, and the secondary is 40gb in FAT32 format. I need every user to be able to access the secondary drive with read/write priveliges. When I try in a user account, it says Access Denied. I tried to edit the hard drive's permissions in the root account (both /mnt/hdb1 and the hdb1 in devices) by right clicking and selecting properties. When I try to save the new configuration, it says 'Changing the attributes of files is not supported with protocol devices'.
Can anyone help me? I'm not exactly an expert
, so maybe I'm missing something.
Similar Threads
-
By GoP-Demon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 02:22 AM
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
-
By mikesb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 07:48 AM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB
$285.00