-
Knoppix boot problem, need some help, warning I am a newb.
Its actually not the offical knoppix CD, it is a slightly moddified version forun in the moving to linux, kiss the BSoD goodbye book. I had managed to get it to load a couple times, but have been doing some work on my system. I just installed a new MB, CPU and memory, and thus did a reinstall of XP. Now knoppix is very slow to load and doesn't even seem to finish booting.
I get the splash screen with the boot prompt, and can continue past that, then I get the screen with the penguin at the top left. I also get an error stating only one CPU found(my new board is a dual opteron board, with currently only one CPU)but I have gotten this and gone past it before). Then if I wait for quite a while I get some stuff saying something like "ide:scsi unsupported hard drisk request in the queue (0)" several times with a couple "IDE disk read failed"s mixed in.
If I wait quite a while longer it continues on to the colored text boot portion which it goes through till it gives me this
"Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab....
I am not sure how long this should take, but I have left it there for like 5-10 minutes and it doesn't seem to finish.
Any help?
Similar Threads
-
By _Azrael_ in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 02:38 PM
-
By TotalLinuxNewb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 06:08 AM
-
By TotalLinuxNewb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:36 AM
-
By ryanjulian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 08:06 AM
-
By jonatan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHZ
$18.00