I found this guide that I think can be usefull for everybody traying to install linux in a windows machine. I think you will enjoy it.
http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20040329/index.html
Regards, Mario.![]()
I found this guide that I think can be usefull for everybody traying to install linux in a windows machine. I think you will enjoy it.
http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/20040329/index.html
Regards, Mario.![]()
A quote from the article linked:
M$ makes choosing easy!?!?!? How is having everything predetermined for you considered a choice? OK but that doesn't reflect on the quality of the article itself.Microsoft, to their credit, makes choosing Windows very simple. It usually comes with the computer you buy, already installed.
The article does however tell you to use IE to download an .iso image. That is some of the worst advice I've ever heard. You should never use IE to download anything except your next spyware application. Use a download manager like getright or somesuch. This way if your download stops midway you have the chance to resume it where you left off. IE will leave you hanging and it's also quite posible that your md5sum won't match. Speaking of md5sums, I notice that it makes no mention whatsoever about checking the md5sum! Use something like Toast442 or other acceptable application to check the md5sum. This is an important step that should not be ommitted.
Other than that it seems like a good guide. Not really what I usualy expect from Tom's but a good guide.

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$13.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99