-
Lucent Orinoco gold card problems
Hi everyone. I'm new to linux so bear with me. I've searched through the forums but haven't had much luck. I just got an Orinoco gold card from ebay, and I'm not sure what to call it, so I'll try to describe it as best I can:
The body of the card has "orinoco" on a purple background and a "wifi" logo and a gold and black strip on the side with the word "gold" in the black field of the strip on the right side of the strip. On the back I've got a lot of serial numbers etc. with "Lucent Technologies" on the top. Windows XP recognizes it and automatically uses a driver from 2001 called "wlluc48" if that helps.
Ok, so when I boot up knoppix 3.4 when it tries to load the Orinoco card I get something like:
cardmgr [92] 'Lucent Technologies'
cardmgr [92] modprobe 'Hermes'
cardmgr [92] modprobe 'Orinoco'
...and a couple other messages (something about eth0 and maybe something else), so that it appeared to recognize the card.
But then at the 'Autoconfigure Devices' stage I get partway through the green bars and spinny stick and then get the error messages:
cardmgr [92] + operation failed
cardmgr [92] start cmd exited with status 1
It then completes the loading. When I try to use Etherial the card doesn't show up as a source, and wlcardconfig says it doesn't see a wireless card.
Here is the output of 'lspci -v', I wasn't sure what exactly was relevant:
rface (rev 02)
Subsystem: CLEVO/KAPOK Computer: Unknown device 0500
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P PCI to AGP Controller (rev 02)
(prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 96
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 00003000-00003fff
Memory behind bridge: e8100000-e81fffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: f0000000-f7ffffff
0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER Hub interface to PCI B
ridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 00004000-00004fff
Memory behind bridge: e8200000-e82fffff
0000:03:00.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB1410 Cardbus Controller (rev
01)
Subsystem: CLEVO/KAPOK Computer: Unknown device 0500
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 16
Memory at 20001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=07, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 20400000-207ff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 20800000-20bff000
I/O window 0: 00004400-000044ff
I/O window 1: 00004800-000048ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to be thorough here, sorry for the length.
Thanks for any help
Similar Threads
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
-
By al_mckin in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By diablo266 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
-
By xenoxaos in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:54 PM
-
By tslewe in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95