-
vnc server
I am running knoppix on my desktop and unstable on my laptop can I set up the vnc server on one windows machine and have my linux boxes run different apps off it; I am trying to get my fammilly used to linux an have acces to theire windows without having to dual boot ; or am I infringing license isues by doing so??, not that I care I just want to be on the safe side.
-
My recollection is that the Windows VNC server doesn't support two connections--or if it does, only allows one of them to control the PC. The same for the version of Terminal Server included in some versions. You can only get multiple connections (other than things like web, telnet, or FTP) if you pay for Terminal Server Edition (or whatever it's called) and the appropriate CALs.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
stuart_b
My recollection is that the Windows VNC server doesn't support two connections--or if it does, only allows one of them to control the PC. The same for the version of Terminal Server included in some versions. You can only get multiple connections (other than things like web, telnet, or FTP) if you pay for Terminal Server Edition (or whatever it's called) and the appropriate CALs.
I think that two can both control a box at the same time,
Similar Threads
-
By rhpot1991 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By hiddenw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98