OMG that is sad...

I can understand this happening to a "person", or a household, or even a neighborhood, but, sheesh, a whole city ( including the businesses ) -=- that is just plain "egotistical" and "power-hungry" - a.k.a. monopoly...

So, I take it, no one has come in to offer anything "better", unless it is provided by the Phone Company, right? That is how it goes here... Cable, interent, phone, they have the complete gambit here, what they don't control, they refuse to allow someone else to do it. It's not so much they don't want to do it, it's that they won't let anyone else do it either. Hence, they have absolutely no competition, and have the whole town in there pockets - not sure about lawyers, courts, or legislature, but wouldn't doubt it ( knowing them )...

Oh well, dialup is fine, it works, for now, and I don't do ALOT of downloading, I live,
Ms. Cuddles