Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: printing on a HP 722C using cups with knoppix 3.4

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4

    printing on a HP 722C using cups with knoppix 3.4

    I am using knoppix 3.4 and am very satisfied with it's performance but I am not able to print
    using cups. My printer is HP 722C and it requires pbm2ppa and foomatic filter, both are installed in knoppix 3.4. When I try to add my printer in cups, it is not shown in the dropdown list under HP.
    How do I have pnm2ppa and foomatic incorporated in cups so I can use my HP 722C?
    I am also using libranet 2.8, a debian distribution, and the HP 722C is listed under "HEWLETT-PACKARD" dropdown menu.

    jozien

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Something is broken w/ cups in Knoppix 3.4 I am not sure what exactly but this is a common problem it seems. Perhaps try the mailing list to find a solution or get Kanotix where cups is not broken.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4
    I copied "/usr/share/cups/model/HP" directory from libranet 2.8 to "/usr/share/cups/model" in knoppix 3.4 and that solver my problem, I can now print in knoppix 3.4

    jozien

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix printing problem
    By rhirwin in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
  2. knoppix 3.6 liveCD; CUPS won't work anymore
    By jariep in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
  3. Printing with CUPS to WinXP shared printer
    By bigrobot in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
  4. Knoppix Live 3.6 does not start CUPS
    By Graham Neal in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 08:21 PM
  5. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$480.63



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9880h 64GB 1TB - Good

$489.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



SGIN 15.6

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD

$335.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



Yottamaster 20 Gbps 1TB 2TB Magnetic External SSD Dock SSD Enclosure For iPhone picture

Yottamaster 20 Gbps 1TB 2TB Magnetic External SSD Dock SSD Enclosure For iPhone

$119.69