-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
The-Big-E
Hey Kyle,
Great book! When can we expect the sequel?
Thanks! This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade
-
Senior Member
registered user
Great Job!
I really enjoyed it. Some hacks are very relevant to my interests. I am itching to try the Kiosk, #24, but have been on the road, etc.
I haven't been able to dig out the Kiosk from the forums, it may be burried there but very much obfucated. You laid it out very clearly.
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
greenfly

Originally Posted by
The-Big-E
Hey Kyle,
Great book! When can we expect the sequel?
Thanks! This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade

Not an upgrade I am talking about hacks 101-200
-
I'm no expert at Linux or Knoppix, but I must say that I just bought this book and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone.
-
Excellent work Kyle
It has all the things I keep forgetting (bought mine on the Linux Expo in the Netherlands)
the remastering section is great.
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
greenfly
This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade

Any thought to the upgrade, yet? If yes, I would not mind contributing; how would I go about doing that?
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
SiKing

Originally Posted by
greenfly
This book is just barely out right now so I'd imagine it will be a few years before it needs an upgrade

Any thought to the upgrade, yet? If yes, I would not mind contributing; how would I go about doing that?
Funny you should say that, I'm near the end up the update to Knoppix Hacks right now! Plans are for it to be out this fall. Unfortunately it's too late for you to be able to contribute, but perhaps next time
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
greenfly
Unfortunately it's too late for you to be able to contribute, but perhaps next time

So what do I do, so that I dont miss out "next time"?
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
SiKing

Originally Posted by
greenfly
Unfortunately it's too late for you to be able to contribute, but perhaps next time

So what do I do, so that I dont miss out "next time"?
Honestly that's tough for me to say. There are a limited number of hacks aren't written by me, and for the most part those hacks are written by the creator of a project (for instance Klik) about their project. The majority of the hacks I write myself.
Are you in involved in Knoppix development or the creator of a Knoppix-based live CD? If what you are involved in makes for a useful hack, and particularly if you have writing experience, it would increase the likelihood that you might be asked to contribute if another edition comes out.
-Kyle
-
Re: Knoppix Hacks II

Originally Posted by
greenfly
Are you in involved in Knoppix development or the creator of a Knoppix-based live CD? If what you are involved in makes for a useful hack, and particularly if you have writing experience, it would increase the likelihood that you might be asked to contribute if another edition comes out.
None of that. I'm just some guy that started poking around too much into one feature of Knoppix, because it did not do what I wanted it to do - persistent home and configuration, hack #21 I believe.
I have some ideas on how to enhance it, and how to hack it up (in the spirit of your book).
Similar Threads
-
By empress101 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-10-2006, 12:07 AM
-
By rgavel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By whil in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99