Quote Originally Posted by Zeaq
Chapter 9: Knoppix Remastered -- This chapter goes step-by-step through the Knoppix remastering process, including tips to keep the file size down, and how to use Klaus's scripts to automate the process.
I have to make a knoppix remaster at the moment. If I would buy your book it would because of chapter 9. Are there many new tipps about it? Or could we found all we need in the internet, too?
The first hack is somewhat similar to what you would find in the Knoppix.net howto, however it's reorganized to provide better separation between the source and master directories, and it's (I think) easier to follow. Other hacks involve how to shrink down file size, which is something you could find a bit here on this forum, and a bit if you read through all the Debian documentation I suppose, but the hack that covers Klaus's scripts is as-of-yet undocumented in any other book or on the Internet. Also there are hacks for remastering Morphix in the chapter.