Quote Originally Posted by MaldiGola
Does anyone know how to get Hack #78 to work thru a proxy server and with an ftp gateway that uses the form of: usernameofremoteserver@fqdnof mygateway ?
This would be very helpful at my work. Especially since we require all visitors with laptops to run a full virus scan while unplugged from the network (supervised by our IT staff).

Greenfly?
Someone recently emailed me about this actually. This particular thread probably isn't the best place to cover this, but I'll give you a quick response based on what I told that person.

If you are behind a proxy, probably your only options are to examine the f-prot install script and see if there's a way to add proxy support to the command-line tools it uses to grab the files (I don't have it handy to search through).

Otherwise you can download it from home, and saveconfig (and be sure to save your local settings) and it will cache those f-prot files so that when you boot on a machine at work with that usb key or whatever media you saved to, you will have the files cached locally.