looks very nice.
One question:
How did you change the K->menu structure?
We've remastered Knoppix for Software Freedom Day by simplifying the menu structure a bit and adding our own graphics. See details here and here, screenshots here and grab the ISO by Bittorrent here.
Let us know what you think![]()
looks very nice.
One question:
How did you change the K->menu structure?
You'd have to ask Jason King who did the actual remastering, but I believe he simply used the KDE menu editing tool and then copied the files from '~/.config/menus/' to where ever settings for the default user are stored.
I would be very interested in knowing how he did it because I find knoppix default menu structure a bit off a chaos.
So I would like to modify it on my (installed) knoppix.
But I don't know how to contact him. Can you ask him for me?
And one ohter question would be what happens if you install a new app?
Thanks again
Well, on your own install it's easy. Just use the K-menu editor, save the changes and use myconf=scan at boot to load the changes each time. Email me at henrik (AT) theopencd.org to get Jasons's email address. (I don't mind posting my own in a forum, but it's bad form to post other people's)

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$99.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00