This is really of no help at all but it is certainly possible to have a larger file size. Knoppix dvd for example. Your problem must lie elsewhere.
It seems that there is some kind of a size limit. I can create a file as large as I like But the remaster will not boot if the file is larger than 2 gigs. Any ideas?
This is really of no help at all but it is certainly possible to have a larger file size. Knoppix dvd for example. Your problem must lie elsewhere.
I bought the linux tag dvd. The KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file on the dvd is right at 2 gig. I want to add to it. Has anyone been able to create a dvd remaster with a KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file larger than 2 gigs that boots?
Thanks Ghandalfar for enlightening us (me).You could use squashfs instead of cloop which would allow you 4G uncompressed (compresses to 2G).
So the problem is not with the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file but with the ISO file system. I wonder if there is another way to remaster. maybe another way to create a bootable disk. Maybe add the cloop file outside of the ISO and link to it. Maybe lilo or grub burned to the DVD. Any ideas?
You really wouldn't gain anything by using squashfs. You may get 10% better compression ratio but that would be all. You still hit the 2Gb filesize limit.
Sure but you can fit more software inside using squashfs as opposed to cloop.Originally Posted by Ghandalfar
Maybe this:Originally Posted by nvgringo
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11150
Do I need to create an ISO at all? Could I just copy all of the files from the knoppix disk to a dvd replacing the original files with my remaster. Then burn the dvd bootable with the el torito option. It would make it hard to distribute but it might work. any thoughts?

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
12 Gen Intel i7-12700 4.45GHz 12-core CPU
$205.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
(Lot of 2) Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz CPU Processor SR0PK LGA1155- CPU599A
$60.00