-
Network
Hi im new with knoppix. actually I booted it for the first time just a couple of minutes ago. But the problem is that it does not find my old 3com 900 COMBO ISA card anybody knows why and how I can fix it....
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not really familiar with the 3Com '900' series cards are you sure you have an ISA card, from what I've found searching the 900 Combo is a pci card?
as root in a console or terminal window use the following command:
modprobe 3c59x
post back any error messages.
If in fact you have an ISA card I would expect it to be a 3c509 which has to be set up in ISA mode not plug-and-play mode to work in linux.
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user
3COM ISA NETWORK CARD
First get the DOS tool from 3COM site (is located on the W9x driver disks)
and use it to set the IRQ and I/O port (usually 300h) .
Afterwards if you can set the irq mapping to isa on the bios too.
Now it should work.
Greetzzzzz,
KtheKing
-
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
I'm not really familiar with the 3Com '900' series cards are you sure you have an ISA card, from what I've found searching the 900 Combo is a pci card?
rock
Good call rock
Similar Threads
-
By illcuban in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 12:14 AM
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 motherboard +AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU+Cooler
$250.00