Most likely a bad cd.
Try this cheatcode at the bootprompt:
Code:knoppix testcd
I have somewhat 4 pcs, 2 in good order and 2 which may have problems but I think only hd issues(dead that is), however I can't get knoppix to boot on any of these machines, it goes thru all config then either the screen blacks out and monitor acts like the pc is shut off when it isnt, or the config doesnt finish and the screen just blacks out, the issue on one machine is it is a laptop and has a strange video card which prob isnt supported, but I figured I could at least get one of them to run, the laptop is a toshiba satelite 1805-S207, another one is a p3 733 with a geforce 2 vid card and that machine is in good order, the other 2 are amd 333/500 with only god know what vid card
any suggestions?
Most likely a bad cd.
Try this cheatcode at the bootprompt:
Code:knoppix testcd
it's hanging at "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab..."
diskcheck seemed ok though

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67