-
Bill, you may be right...
To the access point there two boxes that send data, one is my laptop and the ohter one is a windows98 box and I dont have wireless phones here.
I will report this as you say at acx111 and try the newer driver and see what happens.
See you.
Fabián.

Originally Posted by
sokminer
Fabiand
The driver is still somewhat flaky. I have had this happen as well. There are several possibilities. One is that more than one computer using the WiFi connection seems to cause these types of problems, especially a Win box. I don't know why. Another is a wireless telephone that uses the 2.4GHz band. They're rather unfriendly to WiFi or at least the one that I had was. There are some parameters (see iwpriv) that you can use to increase the signal strength but don't go too high or you'll burn out the card. Another thing is that apparently the 650+ is susceptable to overheating (it's buried in the ACX100 README).
You may want to report this crash of the card to the development team on the Sourceforge forum for the acx100/111. There's a selection for the forum on the ACX100/111 home page. I've found the forum really helpful and the dev team really knowledgeable. BTW _plus_fixes_26 is out.
One other thing that I noticed is that using the start_net script gave me the lockup problem. If I configure the card manually w/ iwconfig, ifconfig and pump my connection (currently up for a week) seems considerably more stable. It's an observation and I don't know how to go about analyzing why this happens.
Glad to hear that it's working (sort of)
Bill
Similar Threads
-
By knoppixtryer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 38
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 01:12 AM
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By AV087 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:51 PM
-
By ksation in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks 25GBASE-LR SMF 25Gbps 10km 1310nm LC SFP 740-071562 Lot 10
$1200.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99