Isn't DSL just a slim and trim Knoppix? I thought klik was a way to install apps while booted to live cd. If so then I see no correlation betwen the two whatsoever.
I was just playing around with KNOPPIX based pocket-CD distros like Damn Small Linux (DSL) lately and wonder if myDSL is the same thing as klik? Anyone care to shed some light on this?
TIA,
AJG
Isn't DSL just a slim and trim Knoppix? I thought klik was a way to install apps while booted to live cd. If so then I see no correlation betwen the two whatsoever.
Have you tried out DSL? I just burned a Pocket CD from the latest DSL ISO. One of the apps on there is called myDSL. When you click on its icon from the DSL desktop you get a list of apps you can install from the DSL website on the fly. It sure seems a lot like klik to me!
Regards,
AJG
It is a cross between klik and morphix. Some of the myDSL extensions are like the modules available for morphix. Sme of the other extensions can be magically installed while running the live-cd like klik.
OOO, that's very interesting!
Thanx,
AJG

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2
$838.50
Commodore Amiga 2000 Rev 4.2 (PAL, Kickstart 1.3) Computer Keyboard Mouse Box SB
$1599.99
NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99