Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Use of wireless bridge

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Use of wireless bridge

    I was going to by a wireless bridge for use with knoppix, which is installed to my hard drive. The Internet worked perfectly on my computer until I set up a wireless network. Now linux doesn't even find my wireless card.

    I noticed that wireless routers have normal LAN ports on the back, so I was thinking I could use a second router I have instead of buying a wireless bridge for $100. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I think some wireless routers will do this. You'll just need to consult the documentation on your router to find out for sure.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    MikeMZ
    Any router should do the trick. What's with a second router ????
    If you need multiple connectivity at a place that's still got wired access then an even less expensive method is use an ethernet switch. Your existing router should handle all of the routing because that what it does.

    Sokminer

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Use of wireless bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemz
    ... The Internet worked perfectly on my computer until I set up a wireless network. Now linux doesn't even find my wireless card.
    So wired networking worked fine, but Linux fails to see your wireless card, just like it fails to see mine and many many other user's cards who have posted that problem. Why in the world you you think you need a "wireless bridge"? Why would you think that adding another node somewhere would help if the problem is that Linux doesn't even recognize the card?

    You haven't given people any information about your card, so others can't tell you if Linux is know to work with that card or known to have problems with it. But I would suggest you read other posts in this forum that have gone over the same problem over and over again.

  5. #5
    I have the same problem as many of you have. Linux doesn't recognize my wireless card. I have a D-Link AirPlus DWL 520+ Wireless PCI Adapter. Max Rate is 11MBps. Any ideas how one could get it to work?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6

    D-Link

    I Had the same problem before..... but running hwsetup as root I solved it.... At first I thought that the drivers were the problem

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18
    Dreamwalker

    I believe that your 520+ is an acx100 card. google acx100 and poke around the 2-3 top sites. House of Craig has a spectacular tutorial on how to get one these type of cards going. FWIW your max rate on that card ought ot be 22M if you have a similar router.

    Sokminer

Similar Threads

  1. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  2. looking for wireless bridge
    By aureoleday in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:12 AM
  3. usb to ethernet bridge
    By Bertje in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 10:16 AM
  4. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
  5. Knoppix as a wireless bridge?
    By adamm in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ picture

Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ

$350.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black picture

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black

$429.94



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95