Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: servers $ thinclients

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    36

    servers $ thinclients

    Can some one point me in the right direction? I would like to set up a group of low end machines as thin clients and one high end machine as a general pourpose server in a clasroom environment for underprivileged children
    I read some of the Skolelinux material and downloaded the software but I could not make it work .
    My knowledge with debian is limited and I have succeded in installing woody on my pentium I laptop with Xserver sound and networking with windows machines but I have not been able to figure out how to set up a server
    I read some where in this forum about thin clients and how to boot from a network card or floppy in a thinclient fashion but I can't find the information anymore
    Any help would be much appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

Similar Threads

  1. Top 3 best E-mail servers?
    By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
  2. Any good easy to use ftp servers?
    By weedje in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
  3. Multiple Servers
    By hernan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
  4. proxy servers?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
  5. Apt alternate servers?
    By jeramy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50