-
cannot change screen resolution
Hi,
after bootup the screen resolutiion is at a low 640x480! I tried with the boot-option "screen=1280x1024" , but apparantly this is not evaluated.
I also tried to set the mode via the "kxconfig" command, the new mode is accepted, but after a restart of X the resolution is back at 640x480.
Hardware: monitor is a DELL 7005, Video card is detected as a Generic i810 (in Windows it is listed as a Intel 82865G Graphics Controller).
Can anyone give me an idea how to solve this thing?
tia,
Etienne
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: cannot change screen resolution

Originally Posted by
boge
Hi,
after bootup the screen resolutiion is at a low 640x480!
What? You don't like 640x480?
If you're booting from live cd then you may want to have a look at persistent home feature that saves your configuration options.
I tried with the boot-option "screen=1280x1024" , but apparantly this is not evaluated.
It is possible to also use multiple cheatcodes in conjunction. Perhaps you need to also specify driver and/or refresh rates. Please see the Docs section for cheat codes.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Boge,
It seems that your graphics card is NOT detected by knoppix properly and it is using a "generic" driver just to be able to display the UI.This happened to me in a similar manner with my savage card.Try using fb1024x768 at boot up.
Alternatively you can remaster knoppix like I did and insert the proper driver for you graphics card like I did.(http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11114)
-
Bios
Is it possible your Bios reservs only 1 Meg of ram for video?
Try reserving more.(8 meg is max for me).
Hi.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had the same problem. When I changed that setting somewhere I didn't like it and tried to change it back but couldn't. I even tried the lilo.conf option but that didn't change it so I just reinstalled and won't mess with the screen resolution anymore.
Similar Threads
-
By god in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-02-2008, 04:33 AM
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By mheight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
-
By dale_c in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By ndori in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99