Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Background of menu items, after remaster

  1. #1

    Background of menu items, after remaster

    I've made a remastered Knoppix by removing some large items and adding some custom software. Afterward booting my new CD, the background of all of the menu items become transparent until you move the mouse over the menu item. Is this caused by a package I removed, or is this a known bug? Any ideas are appreciated!

    -Doug

  2. #2

    Solution

    Quote Originally Posted by dsblank
    Try this: make a new remastered version without running "apt-get update" and see if that causes the menus to look funny.
    Good news: I tried this experiment (did not run "apt-get update") and the menus are fine. The remastered image was over 700 MB, but I used the over-burn option in xcdroast, and it worked fine. SO, it looks like there is an updated package that breaks something in Knoppix 3.4 2004-05-17.

    So, for now, I just won't update the packages.

    -Doug

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Transparent menus are a KDE 'feature'. What is happening is that something is causing KDE to set this feature on as default. Just go to control center, find the appropriate setting ( I think it's under 'appearance>styles' but I can't remember & I'm on a win system right now) & disable translucent menus.
    BTW, did you mean apt-get upgrade, not apt-get update? apt-get update doesn't do anything that could break your system; it merely updates the list of available packages.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
    Transparent menus are a KDE 'feature'. What is happening is that something is causing KDE to set this feature on as default. Just go to control center, find the appropriate setting ( I think it's under 'appearance>styles' but I can't remember & I'm on a win system right now) & disable translucent menus.
    BTW, did you mean apt-get upgrade, not apt-get update? apt-get update doesn't do anything that could break your system; it merely updates the list of available packages.
    The menus aren't just transparent, but transparent with wacky background color reversal. The menus become impossible to read. I'm not sure what I did differently, but now it is working for me.

Similar Threads

  1. HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts
    By UnderScore in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
  2. changes in KDE menu not saving on the remaster
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 08:00 PM
  3. Adding items to KMenu
    By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
  4. KDE drag and drop of menu items - unstable
    By zxc in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 03:38 AM
  5. adding & removing menu items, please help...
    By zroiy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB Ram Kit picture

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB Ram Kit

$80.00



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



48GB(6 x 8GB) Mixed Brand PC4-2666V DDR4 Desktop UDIMM RAM - R1051A picture

48GB(6 x 8GB) Mixed Brand PC4-2666V DDR4 Desktop UDIMM RAM - R1051A

$129.95



SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz

$175.00