Read my post here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=samba
You will get the idea how it will run. I would suggest you get Bitdefender live cd for that purpose since knoppix cd don't come with av.
I have a laptop I'm trying to fix for a friend. I'm not really new to linux, but I am very new to Samba. Another friend of mine suggested that I use Samba to share the laptop and run the antivirus program from my desktop. I have tried the documentation at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick but it didn't work. I need the computer running by Sunday morning, so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Read my post here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=samba
You will get the idea how it will run. I would suggest you get Bitdefender live cd for that purpose since knoppix cd don't come with av.
What I was planning on doing was sharing the whole hard drive with Knoppix, and then scanning it via a piece of cross-connect with my XP Pro machine. I'll give your suggestion in the other post a try, though, and put the result up here. Thanks! More suggestions are more than welcome!
Forget Samba. Just use Knoppix instead.
Check it out: http://networking.earthweb.com/netse...0952_3389801_2
Make sure you mount the drive using the Captive driver if it's an NTFS drive.

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-8700T SR3WX 2.40GHz Processor
$65.00
Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
$210.00
intel core brand new never used i5-11400f LGA1200
$75.00