check /etc/resolv.conf
Knoppix can't resolve host names on the company intranet where I work. We are primarily a Microsoft shop and use wins(?) dns server. Any suggestions for enabling resolving of host names using Knoppix?
check /etc/resolv.conf
My /etc/resolve.conf file was created by Knoppix and appears correct. At least it's the same as the ones I use on my RedHat machines.Originally Posted by shah
Here's what I get when I run "dig":
#dig host1
; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> host1
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 30801
The response seems to indicate that the dns server was contacted but it didn't like the request for some reason. Does this mean that my dns server doesn't like Knoppix? Any ideas?
thanks

EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$350.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
iCasso Vintage Desk Cover Mat, XXL Large Butterfly Mouse Pad, Olive Green | D...
$28.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Apple Mac Mini A1176 Desktop Intel 1.66GHz 60GB With Power Adapter
$55.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$699.99
247 Lot 5.25" Floppy Disks Vintage Used Turbo Pascal CAD Data Files IBM PC DOS
$199.99
Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS
$54.99
VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00