check /etc/resolv.conf
Knoppix can't resolve host names on the company intranet where I work. We are primarily a Microsoft shop and use wins(?) dns server. Any suggestions for enabling resolving of host names using Knoppix?
check /etc/resolv.conf
My /etc/resolve.conf file was created by Knoppix and appears correct. At least it's the same as the ones I use on my RedHat machines.Originally Posted by shah
Here's what I get when I run "dig":
#dig host1
; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> host1
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 30801
The response seems to indicate that the dns server was contacted but it didn't like the request for some reason. Does this mean that my dns server doesn't like Knoppix? Any ideas?
thanks

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99
MicroMac Technology ThunderCachePro 50MHz Accelerator FPU Vintage Mac Boxed
$750.00