check /etc/resolv.conf
Knoppix can't resolve host names on the company intranet where I work. We are primarily a Microsoft shop and use wins(?) dns server. Any suggestions for enabling resolving of host names using Knoppix?
check /etc/resolv.conf
My /etc/resolve.conf file was created by Knoppix and appears correct. At least it's the same as the ones I use on my RedHat machines.Originally Posted by shah
Here's what I get when I run "dig":
#dig host1
; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> host1
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 30801
The response seems to indicate that the dns server was contacted but it didn't like the request for some reason. Does this mean that my dns server doesn't like Knoppix? Any ideas?
thanks

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine
$25.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99
Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00