Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: hard drive install problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    3

    hard drive install problem

    Hello all,

    I'm attempting to perform a hard drive install of 3.4 (2004-05-17) but I'm not having much luck. I read the documentation and after backing out of KDE using ctrl-alt-f1, I typed knx-hdinstall but received a "command not found" error.

    Has the install procedure changed in this newer version?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    3
    I figured it out.

    I had to type #sudo knoppix-installer

    It looks as though the documentation needs to be updated.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    Mine is working fine also, Epox 8RDA+

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4
    I have the same problem with the same version & either your commands worked for me
    What do I do after doing this

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24
    esafwat, I don't like to see anyone left hanging without a solution. When you boot Live Cd, open Konsole. Then at the prompt type, "sudo knoppix-installer" (without the quotes) and press enter. The installation should start.

    Exactly what does not work?

    jimbo

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4
    hello jimbo,
    I did just that but nothing happened, nothing started, no message came up, simply nothing

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    esafwat

    Let's do like this....open kosole and type:
    su <ENTER>
    Your konsole will have something like this:
    root@knoppix:#
    Then type:
    knoppix-installer <ENTER>

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4
    Thank you Shah, this one seems to work

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    3
    Sorry, esafwat. Didn't mean to leave you hangining. Is everything working okay?

    -chad

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4
    Yes onegear I'm fine ,
    Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. hard drive partition problem
    By splittik in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
  2. Hard Drive Problem
    By BigGov in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:40 AM
  3. One last hard drive installation problem.
    By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
  4. problem with install knoppix on a second hard drive
    By dukka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
  5. Problem installing Knoppix on Hard drive
    By cantlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033 picture

Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033

$40.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)

$69.95



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99