check /etc/resolv.conf
Knoppix can't resolve host names on the company intranet where I work. We are primarily a Microsoft shop and use wins(?) dns server. Any suggestions for enabling resolving of host names using Knoppix?
check /etc/resolv.conf
My /etc/resolve.conf file was created by Knoppix and appears correct. At least it's the same as the ones I use on my RedHat machines.Originally Posted by shah
Here's what I get when I run "dig":
#dig host1
; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> host1
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 30801
The response seems to indicate that the dns server was contacted but it didn't like the request for some reason. Does this mean that my dns server doesn't like Knoppix? Any ideas?
thanks

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00