-
Thanks for the info mzilikazi. I installed the cvs version on my test partition. It's definitely go better functionality than what you get through debian. Some things I was really missing, like being able to close windows by right-clicking on the taskbar entry and such are there. The file manager is much better too. My only gripe now...which is admittedly small, but still important to me...is the way you can't have both the panel and taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure I can get used to having one on top and one on bottom.
The rox pinboard thing is great. I already had rox-filer installed, but I had no idea it could do that. I was wondering about being able to put desktop icons and such into xfce4 though. And some features of rox, like the way it mounts cd-roms automatically and such is very nice for the desktop. I'm having a problem getting xfce4 start up with the pinboard though. I changed the xinitrc file as you mentioned but that didn't do it. I now get just a black screen when it starts up. I can run "rox -p desktop" once I have xfce4 running...but I wish I could get it to start it up automatically. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By Crusader in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
-
By shah in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
-
By RJDReid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:07 AM
-
By sb73542 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00