-
Junior Member
registered user
Samba and MTU
Well, I have hard drive installations of Knoppix on two computers. Most everything seems to work well, but I need some help on two issues.
First, Samba won't start from the KDE menu item for starting Samba. And when I enter the command that the menu item uses from Konsole, it gives an error message that says something like, "This script can't be run from a regular installation." What does that message mean? Anyway, I have been able to start Samba from Konsole with command "/etc/init.d/samba start". But I am still curious about the failure of the KDE menu item.
Second, on one computer I am connected to a router that is connected to a dial-up modem for internet access. This setup works just fine on WinXP and on Win98. And I have one other computer connected to the router to form a small home network. I can log onto the router from Knoppix but when I try to connect to the Internet, it seems to "stall". I had this problem in Windows when the MTU setting was higher than my dial-up ISP allows. Can someone tell me where and how I can change this setting in Knoppix?
Thanks, jimbo
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By juan_sck in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By Tovi in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
-
By Prototask in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99

Atari 800 Vintage Home Computer Console System with Keyboard
$99.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30