-
Senior Member
registered user
j.drake,
If you did suggest me going to v3.4, I don't hold you responsible... ( but, I think I had the idea already. It was getting hard to support Knoppix, from a "previous" release. )
Anyway, about the only problems, really, were ALSA, NVidia, i2c and Lm_Sensors, and getting my "old" files into the "new" version - I think I fared well, actually... I think I'm ready for the next version to come out now - just so, I can do it all over again ( sarcasim at extreme level here ).
But, I do agree with this whole Dual-kernel issue --=-- its getting to be a real pain... I don't use the 2.4, I don't plan on it, I don't want it, but, I still have it, "lurking" to muck up anytime it decides. My guess is, I can blow away all the 2.6.6 specific stuff, copy it to a "normal" boot naming convention, get rid of the LILO 2.4, and the boots for it, and just run "standard" 2.6.6, as it should be... ( my guess ) i.e. delete the -2.6.6 modules file, delete the 2.4 boot files, rename the 2.6.6 boot files to linux files, then "copy" them to 2.6.6 files ( for a backup kernel boot ), change LILO to just Linux and 2.6.6 backup - and I think the kernel "dual" issue will be gone ( ??? )
Just my thoughts,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-17-2005, 11:22 AM
-
By mjm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
-
By cmidkiff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By dping28 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00