I belived this router can be setup using local web browser ( 192.168.200.254 or ocrdsl-3com.com; login name root and Password !root) to fire up remote manager. Please refer back to your 3com documentation.
I'm a Linux newbie. I've been trying to configure the 3Com 812 Router with PPPoE but I haven't been able to do it.
I've found a pdf with some instructions, but I've a problem with it:
I open minicom and change these things as it says:
Serial port setup:
A - Serial device: /dev/ttyS3
E - Bps/Par/Bits: 9600 8N1
F - Hardware Flow Control: Yes
G - Software Flow Control: No
Modem and dialing:
A - Init string: ---
B - Reset string: ---
And then, "3Com-DSL>" should appear, but it doesn't.
What am I doing wrong? How can I make that appear so I can change the configuration and connect to Internet?
I belived this router can be setup using local web browser ( 192.168.200.254 or ocrdsl-3com.com; login name root and Password !root) to fire up remote manager. Please refer back to your 3com documentation.
OfficeConect Remote 812 ADSL Router (3Com)
Product Number: 3CP204144
( No Linux driver in www.3com.com )
BTW, www.ocrdsl-3com.com doesn't work.![]()
Since there's no application for linux to setup your router; try set it up using Windows. Folow instruction above ( after you install application comes with your router).
When it's done, any OS should work with it since it doesn't need any driver.
It's already set up in WinXP
Dude, for serial connection, FLOW CONTROL= XonXoff, NOT the Hardware option, its in the manual![]()
You should get the prompt now where you can run 'QUICKVC' etc.
I have the same Router so let me know if there's anything else..
p.s - the IP address should be 192.168.200.254 sm 255.255.255.0 as stated by Shah.. you havent mentioned if you tried this IP address in a browser to manage the box - did it work?
You should be good to go..
Could please () post a step-by-step of how did you do it?
The last time i did this was in windows.
1) Open a browser and enter this i.p 192.168.200.254port) (forgot the port number) on location bar and <enter>
2) If everything is okay you will be ask for adm. name and password. Enter the name and password
3) Application for setting up your router will open in your browser.
4) For easier setup use wizard, it will help you step by step.
Goog luck![]()
I entered my IP and it worked, now, what's this about admin. and password?![]()
Actually it's the username and password asked to access Office connect remote application.I entered my IP and it worked, now, what's this about admin. and password?
Name = root Password = !root
Download this file:
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/too...adsl/ig812.pdf

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00