-
Senior Member
registered user
getting somewhere
This post is for Jorge......well I tried your suggestion:
knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 vsync=60 nosmc nodma
And it WORKED!
However, just before the final knoppix screen appears, there is a small distorted image that appears very briefly at top of screen. t looks like a squashed image of the picture of when you first boot knoppix from CD at that boot prompt. Then everythings OK. NOW I have gotten this far....how do I apply the code you gave me to my HDD install???? Do I have to edit LILO and put that code line in there somewhere? I am half way there! I have tried all the other suggestions from the other people but none of them worked. I will edit the code and take out maybe "NODMA" or the other one to see if it makes that distorted image go away. But its no big deal cause its finally working. Now I just need to get it to work on my hard drive install. Any further suggestions welcome...
-
Senior Member
registered user
resolution stuck at 648x480
I have noticed that my resolution is stuck at 640x480 no matter what I do! I included the code "screen=1024x768" in my bootup from CD. I know this monitor is capable of higher resolutions.
there is a little "configure display" icon at bottom of lower right screen but if I try to configure, it only has 640x480 as the only option! I think the code "vga=normal" must be the culprit. But I need to use this code in order for monitor to work. Are there other vga codes that might work?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Great!
You may not need the nosmc ot the nodma. nodma is for turning off hdd accereration. dma is set as default when you boot the KNOPPIX 3.4 liveCD and should work fine with new hdds. I used nosmc in KNOPPIX 3.3 because of a weird Dell BIOS quirk and I don't need it in 3.4.
To unstuck your 640x480 you have to find out what you video card make is and then use a cheatcode to modify what driver you use.
Good Luck,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
video card
Hi Jorge...OK I hear ya. Now As far as finding out what driver my video card uses....not sure about that. What would I have to do to find technical info on my video card? I know it is a 64 MB 3D card....its called a "MAD DOG"......So how do I use a cheat code to modify the driver? This is beyond my knowledge. If you could make a suggestion where to start I will attempt this next......I was wondering why when I finally did get the knoppix CD to boot yesterday why the info scrolling by on screen was bigger than i am used to seeing. Display is stuck at that one resolution and I thought something is up with the display. Please help further if you have time...thanks...bob58
Similar Threads
-
By robwelch100 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
-
By jimeee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By SoulSlinger in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
-
By cj_b in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

DD4 RAM LOT - 8GB/16GB
$1400.00

Kingston FURY Beast 16GB DDR4 3200MHz DIMM Memory Module kf432c16bb/16
$95.00

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130
$119.99

Samsung 32GB Kit 2x16GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 1Rx8 SODIMM M471A2G43BB2-CWE
$119.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00

LOT OF 50 RAM STICKS-Mixed Brand 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4-2400 (8GBX50=400GB TOTAL)
$1450.00